What Do You Do for a Living?
It has been quite some time… my daughter was in first grade and I was often able to be in the classroom to help out. It was me and the moms! Midway through the year, her teacher approached me with a request: could she ask a personal question. Of course.
“Mr. Adamchik, what do you do for a living??” I smiled and gave the easy answer, “I am a professional speaker. Why?”
She replied that I was often the only dad at daytime school events. And when she asked my daughter about my job, the answer she got was, “He talks.”
Funny, I get the same question from folks today. To be clear: I speak and consult on leadership and leadership-related issues in the construction industry and in industries that support construction. There you have it, but that might still leave some blanks to fill in. So, to clarify:
· I do keynote speeches for annual meetings and conventions.
· I conduct longer workshops and trainings for firms and associations.
· I work with companies to create multi-day leadership training. These are aimed at the front line as well as emerging leader/ executive level. For the highest level, I collaborate with some really smart folks—Ph.Ds, from NC State.
· I deliver one-on-one executive coaching.
· I facilitate team planning sessions.
· I conduct job benchmarking to create optimal hiring profiles
· I consult on human capital issues
· I offer virtual, online interactive leadership learning
· I have written two books and am always writing articles. You can use these in your publications, newsletters, etc.
· I have a great team who supports on all these.
In other words, there are a full range of services and offerings available to you from FireStarter Speaking and Consulting. If you are curious, or if you think I might be able to help, contact me and we can talk it over. If I can’t support you, maybe I know someone who can. Spending 99% of my time in the construction world for nearly the past twenty years enables me to fully understand your challenges and work with you to solve them.